HVAC means Heating, ventilation and air conditioning. It is such a technology that is used to assure the indoor and vehicular environmental comfort. In an easy way, we can say that it is a heating and cooling system that is adjustable according to the environment and also capable of assuring comforting environment.
Considerable facts in choosing an HVAC system:
While you are thinking of installing an HVAC system you need to consider some facts if you want to choose the right one.
- Room and size: Dimension is the first thing that needs to be considered in the case of choosing an HVAC system. Before buying a heating and cooling system you need to understand room and size of your place.
- Value for money: Other important factors need to be considered in the case of choosing an HVAC is the value of money. This is where the budget is not an advised option. You need to have an HVAC system that will last longer and require less repair. It will cause less frequent expenditure in this manner. So you need to think about the long term benefit out of it.
- Repair options: It is something that a lot of homeowners often don’t agree on. But it should definitely be included in the list of factors to be considered. You should choose an HVAC system that has available certified repair outlets in the vicinity of your home. Because not every company is widespread.
Types of HVAC:
The type of HVAC you are choosing depends on the application of it. You need to think what is the size of the area that needs to be cooled and also how much heat generated inside. You can choose from the following types if it is compatible according to your requirements.
- Window air conditioner: For single rooms, this is the most commonly used air conditioner. All of its components including the compressor, condenser, expansion valve, cooling coil and evaporator are enclosed in a single box. It is usually fitted in the slot made in the wall of the room.
- Split air conditioner: This kind of air conditioner is a combination of two parts. One is the outdoor unit and another is the indoor unit. The outdoor unit that is fitted outside the room comprises compressor, condenser and expansion valve. On the other hand, the indoor unit includes an evaporator or cooling coal and cooling fan. There is no need to make any slot in the wall to install this air conditioner.
- Packaged air conditioner: While you want to cool a space larger than one or two rooms such as an office, this kind of air conditioner is what an HVAC designer will suggest you to get. With the package, there are two possible arrangements. The first one contains all the components like compressor, condenser, evaporator and expansion valve in a single box. In a casing condenser and compressor are housed in the second arrangement.
- Central air conditioning system: This kind of air conditioning system is used for big buildings, houses, entire hotel, gyms, office, factories etc. It is comprised of a huge compressor which is capable of producing hundred tons of air conditioning.
While you are thinking of installing heating and cooling system, the factors discussed above are something that you need consider seriously. You are not going to install an HVAC every month. So, try to take your decision wisely and choose the right type of HVAC that suits your dimension perfectly.